The mission of the Sports Medicine Advisory Committee is to ensure that all athletes from NMAA member schools are provided with sound and consistent medical expertise to enhance the safety of their athletic experience.
The purpose of the Sports Medicine Advisory Committee is to review proposals and make recommendations to the NMAA’s governing body on all issues related to the health, wellness and injury reduction of member schools’ student-athletes.
- Gather current data on health and safety related issues
- Educate, interpret, monitor and disseminate materials to students, coaches and administrators concerning medical issues related to sport.
- Assist the NMAA in researching sports medical issues and/or concerns.
- Assist in the development of guidelines related to sports medicine, in an effort to assist NMAA member schools with making informed decisions.
- Provide effective communication between professional organizations before rule changes (bylaws) are voted on.
- Proactively address new health and safety concerns.
- Develop a network of medical professionals dedicated to providing member schools with appropriate sports medical education and care.
The committee will be composed of medical personnel, educators and administrators from both the education and medical professions.
NMAA Sports Medicine Advisory Committee
- Anyone Can Save A Life Emergency Action Plan
- Heat Illness Prevention Protocol
- Heat Index
- Life of an Athlete
- NMAA Emergency Planning Verification For Activities
- NMAA Health and Safety Self-Audit
- NMAA Lightning Guidelines
- NMAA Return to Play Guidelines
- NMAA Required Physical Form
- NMAA CONSENT TO TREAT FORM
- NFHS Sports Medicine
- November 12, 2022
- March 12, 2022
- November 20, 2021
- November 21, 2020
- April 11, 2020
- November 16, 2019
- March 16, 2019
- November 17, 2018
- March 10, 2018
- November 11, 2017
- November 12, 2016
- June 4, 2016
- November 11, 2015
- May 30, 2015
- December 13, 2014
- April 2, 2014
- October 9, 2013
- May 31, 2013
- April 9, 2013
- October 29, 2009
- June 5, 2009
- February 21, 2009
- September 20, 2008
- March 15, 2008
- Oct. 24, 2007
- June 23, 2007
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- NMAA Return To Play Guidelines – Check with your School/District
- New Mexico Legislation (NEW – SB38)
- Non-Scholastic Concussion Certification Form
- NFHS Concussion In Sports Course
- NFHS Concussion For Students Course
- NFHS Suggested Guidelines
- NFHS Parents Guide
- NFHS Minimizing Concussion Risk (Football)
- NFHS Soft Headgear Position Statement
- Parent/Athlete Information Sheet
- Parent/Athlete Information Sheet – Spanish
- Coach/Teacher Information Sheet
- AD Information Sheet
- Concussion Information Video
- CDC – Heads Up: Concussions in High School Sports
- CDC – Clipboard Sticker
- CDC – Sideline Palm Card
- CDC Heads Up Handout on Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE)
- REAP Concussion Management Program (English)
- REAP Concussion Management Program (Spanish)