The mission of the Sports Medicine Advisory Committee is to ensure that all athletes from NMAA member schools are provided with sound and consistent medical expertise to enhance the safety of their athletic experience.
The purpose of the Sports Medicine Advisory Committee is to review proposals and make recommendations to the NMAA’s governing body on all issues related to the health, wellness and injury reduction of member schools’ student-athletes.
- Gather current data on health and safety related issues
- Educate, interpret, monitor and disseminate materials to students, coaches and administrators concerning medical issues related to sport.
- Assist the NMAA in researching sports medical issues and/or concerns.
- Assist in the development of guidelines related to sports medicine, in an effort to assist NMAA member schools with making informed decisions.
- Provide effective communication between professional organizations before rule changes (bylaws) are voted on.
- Proactively address new health and safety concerns.
- Develop a network of medical professionals dedicated to providing member schools with appropriate sports medical education and care.
The committee will be composed of medical personnel, educators and administrators from both the education and medical professions.
NMAA Sports Medicine Advisory Committee
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- NMAA Return To Play Guidelines – Check with your School/District
- New Mexico Legislation (NEW – SB38)
- UNM School Sports Concussion Online Reporting Tool
- Non-Scholastic Concussion Certification Form
- NFHS Concussion In Sports Course
- NFHS Concussion For Students Course
- NFHS Suggested Guidelines
- NFHS Parents Guide
- NFHS Minimizing Concussion Risk (Football)
- NFHS Soft Headgear Position Statement
- Parent/Athlete Information Sheet
- Parent/Athlete Information Sheet – Spanish
- Coach/Teacher Information Sheet
- AD Information Sheet
- Concussion Information Video
- CDC – Heads Up: Concussions in High School Sports
- CDC – Clipboard Sticker
- CDC – Sideline Palm Card
- REAP Concussion Management Program (English)
- REAP Concussion Management Program (Spanish)
SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST
Think Safe – AED
Think Safe is the preferred AED vendor of the NMAA. For more information click here.