NMAA STATE SPIRIT CHAMPIONSHIP INFORMATION
ALBUQUERQUE, NM– The New Mexico Activities Association would like to highlight the following important information regarding the upcoming NMAA State Spirit Championships.
Official Championship Name:
- NMAA State Spirit Championships
- University of New Mexico – The Pit
- Cheer – Friday, March 18th
- Dance – Saturday, May 19th
- Day Pass (allows re-entry privileges) – $15
- Adult (no re-entry) – $10
- Students (K-12) / Seniors (65+) / Military (all no re-entry) – $5
- *Ticket prices do not include online service fees added by UNM
Online purchases can be made through the UNM Ticketing website at:
Additional Facility Information:
- The University of New Mexico will be charging $5 per vehicle for parking.
- Concession stands will be available
- Only credit cards may be used for payments at the facility (no cash).
- Face coverings may be worn but are not required.
- Entrance to facilities IS NOT dependent on vaccination status/COVID testing.
Live Video Stream:
- All Performances – www.nfhsnetwork.com
- *subscriptions available for $10.99 (provides full month of access to live events)
- Results will be posted at www.nmact.org
Additional Information Specific to Members of the Media for The Pit:
- WORKING media with a valid 2021-2022 NMAA Media Credential may cover the event. Only those outlets covering a specific school/athlete will be granted access.
- Media members should park in the Pit East Lot behind the UNM Baseball Field and enter the facility through the Southeast / McDavid Lounge Entrance. Access via the ramp/media room area WILL NOT be available. A valid NMAA media credential must be presented to obtain complimentary parking and admission to the facility.
- Face coverings may be worn but are not required; social distancing should be maintained to the greatest extent possible while covering the event and/or conducting interviews.
- Entrance IS NOT dependent on vaccination status/COVID testing.
- Working Media Seating
- Radio and print media will use the first row on the East side of the arena.
- Media Workroom
- There will not be a media workroom available within the facility. Please plan to finalize your work off-site.
- There will not be a “hospitality room”.
- The NMAA’s full media policy, which includes special guidelines pertaining to COVID-19 (Section 11 of the manual), can be accessed at the below link:
For additional information pertaining to this release, please contact Dusty Young, NMAA Associate Director at (505) 977-5385 or email@example.com.