NMAA Accepting Applications For New Commissioner of Officials
Commissioner of Officials New Mexico Activities Association
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of successful administration and/or officiating experience
- Demonstration of outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Demonstration of technology skills
- Demonstration of strong leadership skills, team oriented
- Oversee the officiating training and education programs for over 1,700 interscholastic sports officials in ten sports for the New Mexico Activities Association.
- Selection and assignment of officials for all post-season contests in the sports of baseball, basketball, football, soccer, softball, volleyball and wrestling.
- Supervise the evaluation/observation program for officials in all sports.
- Manage and administer the recruitment and retention efforts of the NMOA
- Coordinate and facilitate the NMOA State Clinics and statewide officials’ trainings
- Oversee NMOA Awards programs
- Supervise and evaluate varsity regional assignors in the nine assignor sports.
- Assist local group leaders with the operation of their local associations
- Serve as member ex officio of the NMOA Executive Board. Set up and facilitate four meetings per year of the NMOA Executive Board
- Maintenance of NMAA/NMOA Hudl accounts and sending film to evaluators for breakdown, with follow-up to officials and coaches.
- Oversee the budget of the NMOA, under the direction of the NMAA Executive Director.
- Facilitation of all NMOA elections, referenda, surveys
- Provide monthly informational newsletter for NMOA membership.
- Communication with member schools relative to schedule requests (all sports) and officials’ exclusion requests (basketball and football).
- Assist with conduct of all NMAA State Tournaments
- Work collaboratively with NMAA Event Directors relative to logistical concerns of officiating staffs for state events. Conduct pre-tournament officials’ meetings.
- Letter of interest
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
Scan to: Sally Marquez, Executive Director
Deadline: July 5, 2021