NMAA STATE BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP INFORMATION
ALBUQUERQUE, NM– The New Mexico Activities Association would like to highlight the following important information regarding the upcoming NMAA State Basketball Championships.
NMAA State Basketball
Official Championship Name:
- NMAA State Basketball Championships
- Quarterfinals & Semifinals: Host School Sites (higher seed or neutral site pending travel)
- Finals: University of New Mexico (The Pit)
- Class A, 2A, & 3A (Boys & Girls) – Monday, May 3rd
- Class 4A & 5A (Boys & Girls) – Tuesday, May 4th
- Class A (Boys & Girls) – Tuesday, May 4th
- Class 2A & 3A (Boys & Girls) – Wednesday, May 5th
- Class 4A & 5A (Boys & Girls) – Thursday, May 6th
- Class A (Boys & Girls) – Thursday, May 6th (1pm & 330pm)
- Class 2A & 3A (Boys & Girls) – Friday, May 7th (10am, 1230pm, 4pm, & 630pm)
- Class 4A & 5A (Boys & Girls) – Saturday, May 8th (10am, 1230pm, 4pm, & 630pm)
*NOTE – Times for specific match-ups in the Finals TBA
Per New Mexico Public Health Orders, spectators may attend basketball games at facilities located within green/turquoise counties only. For the quarterfinals and semifinals, the host school will determine the number of tickets available if the county color designation allows for spectators.
Because Bernalillo County will be “GREEN or TURQUOISE” as defined by the New Mexico Department of Health, spectators will be allowed during the Finals at The Pit but attendance will be limited based on current Public Health Orders pertaining to facility occupancy. Face coverings are required and social distancing must be maintained at all times.
If spectators are allowed, tickets will be sold by the host school for the quarterfinals & semifinals.
Because limited attendance will be allowed for the Finals at The Pit, tickets are available by session and can be purchased online only (NO WALK-UP SALES). The facility will be cleared at the conclusion of each session. Each session will consist of two games. Tickets will be associated with an assigned seat within the arena as general admission seating will not be available.
Online purchases can be made starting either Tuesday evening (May 4th) or Wednesday morning (May 5th) through the UNM Ticketing website at:
- Ticket Prices*:
- Lobo Level – $19
- Chairback – $15
- Adult – $10
- Students (K-12) / Seniors (65+) / Military – $5
*Ticket prices do not include online service fees added by UNM
Additional Facility Information:
The University of New Mexico will be charging $5 per vehicle for parking. Concession Stands will not be available.
Live Video Stream:
- Finals – www.nfhsnetwork.com
*subscriptions available for $10.99 (provides full month of access to live events)
- Results will be posted at www.nmact.org