2020-2021 Rudy’s Real Texas Bar-B-Q State Championship Highlights, Brackets & Tournament Information
ALBUQUERQUE, NM– The New Mexico Activities Association would like to highlight the following important information regarding the upcoming Rudy’s Real Texas Bar-B-Q State Volleyball Championships.
NMAA State Volleyball
Official Championship Name:
Rudy’s Real Texas Bar-B-Q State Volleyball Championships
Quarterfinals & Semifinals: Host School Sites
Finals: University of New Mexico (The Pit)
Class A, 2A, 3A, & 4A – March 29th
Class 5A – March 30th
Class A – March 30th
Class 2A, 3A, & 4A – March 31st
Class 5A – April 1st
Class A – April 1st at 2pm
Class 2A, 3A, & 4A – April 2nd at 11am, 2pm, or 5pm (times for each class TBD)
Per New Mexico Public Health Orders, spectators may attend volleyball matches at facilities located within green/turquoise counties only. For the quarterfinals and semifinals, the host school will determine the number of tickets available if the county color designation allows for spectators.
Because Bernalillo County is “YELLOW” as defined by the NM Department of Health, spectators will not be allowed during the Finals at The Pit.
Tickets will be sold by the host school for the quarterfinals & semifinals
Tickets will not be sold for the Finals at The Pit since spectators are not allowed
Live Video Stream:
Finals – www.nfhsnetwork.com
*subscriptions available for $10.99 (provides full month of access to live events)
Results will be posted at www.nmact.org
Additional Information Specific to Members of the Media for The Pit:
- Due to Bernalillo County’s “Yellow” status as designated by the New Mexico Department of Health, media access will be limited to the following:
- One print media outlet per school (one journalist & one photographer)
- One radio station per school (max two individuals per outlet)
The NMAA will work with the New Mexico Press Association and New Mexico Broadcasters Association to determine which outlets will be allowed to cover each match.
- Media members should park in the lot southeast of The Pit near the baseball stadium and should enter the facility through the McDavid Lounge Entrance (east side of the arena near the south end).
- Face coverings are required and social distancing must be maintained at all times while covering the event and/or conducting interviews.
- There will not be a “hospitality room”.
- The NMAA’s full media policy, which includes special guidelines pertaining to COVID-19 (Section 11 of the manual), can be accessed at the below link: