SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR NEW MEXICO GRADUATING SENIORS
The NMAA Foundation is excited to announce a continued partnership with a non-profit organization that provides scholarships to graduating seniors here in New Mexico. This relationship is with the Daniels Fund and we hope that you will pass this on to your coaches, counselors, and fellow administrators so that students across our state can be made aware of this great opportunity.
The Daniels Scholarship Program provides the opportunity for highly motivated students to earn a bachelor’s degree that helps them build a successful career and rewarding life. Daniels Scholars demonstrate exceptional character, leadership, and a commitment to serving their communities. Bill Daniels would also want his scholars to be proud Americans who value our free enterprise system and are prepared to give the world their very best shot.
Students can apply online and find comprehensive information at www.DanielsFund.org/Scholarships.
The Daniels Scholarship Program provides a four-year college scholarship that is unique to each student and varies depending on their Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and their choice of school. The scholarship pays up to $25,000 per year toward the student’s unmet need, after applying their EFC, other scholarships, and financial aid. Daniels Scholars may attend any accredited college or university in the United States.
You can find downloadable promotional materials to encourage high school seniors to apply at www.DanielsFund.org/Promotional-Materials. On this webpage is also an 18-minute informational video that provides detailed information about the Daniels Scholarship Program and how to apply. We encourage you to share these materials and to watch the video with your seniors.
The online application is open from October 1 to November 15, 2020 at 4:00 pm MST
The eligibility criteria for the Daniels Scholarship Program include:
- Be a high school senior graduating from a school in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming
- Be a resident of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Earn a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 in high school (on an unweighted 4.0 scale)
- Earn a minimum SAT Math score of 490 and a minimum Evidence-Based Reading & Writing score of 490, or a minimum ACT score of 18 in each category (writing score not required). Super scoring is not accepted.
- For students who were unable to take the SAT or ACT due to COVID-19 cancellations, they are eligible to apply with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.3 in high school (on an unweighted 4.0 scale), and do not need to provide standardized test scores.
- The applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must have an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $85,000 or less on the 2019 tax return on which the applicant appears. For dependents beyond the applicant, there is an allowance for an additional $5,000 for each claimed dependent and $15,000 for each additional dependent in college.
Watch a video and hear about the Daniels Scholarship Program from our most recent class of scholars: https://vimeo.com/danielsfund/review/458680987/32be7e410f.
Please call the Daniels Fund toll-free at 877.441.3139 or email ScholarSelection@DanielsFund.org with questions.