ABOUT STEM CHALLENGE
The 2019–2020 New Mexico Governor’s STEM Challenge will recognize achievement and develop potential in NM’s diverse student population by exploring how STEM careers can address local, state, and global challenges. The Challenge will also advance and support the integration of Next Generation Science Standards into everyday classroom activities and encourage students to pursue local STEM careers.
Participating high school teams will imagine, design, and develop a project model to address a challenge question formulated by Los Alamos National Laboratory, submit their proposed solution, and present at the Statewide STEM Showcase for a chance to win $5,000. Teams receive mentorship support from New Mexico State University partnered with Northern New Mexico College and the University of New Mexico, as well as funds for supplies, travel, and stipends for participating teacher mentors.
STEM CHALLENGE OUTREACH PACKET
- STEM Challenge Brochure
- STEM Challenge Summary
- STEM Challenge – White Paper/Program Overview
- STEM Challenge Websites and Contacts
- NM Department of Workforce Solutions Press Release
- Los Alamos National Labatory Challenge Question – Graphic #1 & Graphic #2
- STEM Challenge Rubic
- STEM Challenge Question, Resources & Guidelines