The NMAA, a member-led organization, provides leadership in interscholastic athletics & activities, promoting equitable participation and character development.
New Mexico – Coaching Licensure
- The best source of information and assistance regarding coaching licensure regulations, applications, and re-newals is the local school/district HR department licensure specialist
- The state agency and department which administers the coaching licensure regulation is the New Mexico Public Education Department Licensure Bureau, Phone: 505.827.5821, Website: http://ped.state.nm.us/Licensure/index.html
National Federation – Coaches Education
- The National Federation of State High School Associations has a comprehensive coaches education program, courses are available online from: http://nfhslearn.com
- NMPED level 1 and level 2 coaching licenses require NFHSLearn courses “Fundamentals of Coaching”, and “First Aid, Health and Safety for Coaches” (see above for website)
- NMAA regulations require NFHSLearn courses “Concussion in Sports” (annually), “AACCA Spirit Safety Certification” (once every 4 years), and “Coaching Pole Vault” (once every 4 years)
- NFHSLearn also offers a variety of sport specific courses (e.g. “Coaching Basketball”) as well as elective courses (e.g. “Strength and conditioning”) and free courses (e.g. “Sports Nutrition”)
New Mexico – MaxPreps Website
- Maxpreps.com / New Mexico is the online source for all NMAA member schools’ teams, rosters, photos, schedules, results, rankings, and statistics, see: http://www.maxpreps.com/state/new-mexico.htm
- How to Sign Up on MaxPreps
- MaxPreps Helpful Hints
- MaxPreps FAQ for Coaches
- MaxPreps.com NM Job Openings
- MaxPreps Support: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.329.7324, ext. 1
New Mexico – Professional Coaches Organization
- The New Mexico state middle school and high school coaches professional organization is the New Mexico High School Coaches Association, information is available from: http://www.nmhsca.com or contact Thomas Mabrey, Executive Director: email@example.com, or 505.554.7349.
- The NMHSCA selects All Star and All State teams in most NMAA sports as well as promoting the profession through a number of activities including professional development such as the annual Summer Coaches Clinic, Education-Based Seminars, and other initiatives.